Video Monitoring Systems (VMS)
Security isn’t just physical or logical
it includes the human element and all three elements must be addressed
For over 30 years security has been a camera, a monitor and thousands of miles of coax or a couple of contacts wired to an alarm system. The post 9/11 era has brought the issue of physical security to the forefront of new technologies development and set a collision course with Information Technology (IT).
IT and Physical Security departments have been scratching heads over an uneasy task of trying to figure out how to solve the problems that keep appearing.
How do we resolve these issues? Which side is responsible for physical security technology? Where is technology going?
The types of CCTV cameras that are used for facial recognition today have been around for more than 30 years. The more recent advancements in their use were spurred by the introduction of computers. Until affordable computer technology could be utilized to make CCTV monitoring and recording manageable (becoming widespread around 10 years ago), their usefulness was limited and manpower intensive.
Today, the advancements in information processing technologies have made possible a variety of tasks, including, but not limited to, License plate recognition, facial recognition, People counting and many types of advanced situation-based alarm monitoring based upon pattern recognition and behaviour recognition.
Not to mention video analytics and video content analysis where relevant data can be stored in a database and searched for tendencies and trends or abnormalities.
It’s no surprise that companies who are most effective in implementing good security programs are those companies who have an executive at a high level that is a “security evangelist.” It requires a high-level address to organizational security issues to set priorities for items that extend across the entire organizational spectrum, especially when nonsecurity benefits are involved.
Security leadership must be strong, active and ongoing in order to achieve real results. Whether the label “security evangelist” or “CTIAI Intelligent services” is used or not, someone at executive level has to take on that role. It’s not an option or a temporary involvement.
Both Security and IT departments must be able to engage in real dialog with the “security evangelist”.
Clearly security isn’t just physical security or logical security; it includes the human element and all three elements must be addressed.
DVR/NVR (Digital Video Recording/Network Video Recording)
Standard on all models, the DVR/NVR Recorder allows continuous recording or, on selected software options, recording on Event/Alarm Triggering such as an opening door or a Virtual Tripwire crossing, or opening a cashier drawer when there is no client (Unexpected POS Drawer Opening), or motion detection.
The DVR/NVR Recorder allows you to play, pause, stop, fast-forward, search, select and export specific sequences, and archive.
Intelligent Security Systems
The ISS SecurOS solution set powers the most advanced video management and video analytics deployed anywhere in
the world. From the warning and aversion of threats to the prevention of terrorism and the provision for the safety of people and economic
well-being of businesses. ISS is the proven technology partner of the world’s largest integrators in the video security and surveillance
ISS has a very wide range of deployments, in areas such as transportation, retail, banking, colleges, government, industry, and urban surveillance, and with a truly open platform that allows one to expand their solutions at their own pac
The flagship video management software is the nucleus of a complete surveillance and security management topology. The framework can manage and monitor an unlimited number of cameras (analog or IP) and devices, apply intelligent video analytics, and integrate a variety of disparate systems into one centralized command and control interface. The platform is suited for large mission critical applications that involve hundreds or thousands of cameras, sensors and control systems unified into one network.
- Analog / IP / Hybrid Camera Capability
- CIF 1/2/4, VGA, Megapixel Support
- Intelligent PTZ Capability
- Support Hierarchical Redundant Architecture
- Infinitely Scalable
- Pre and Post Alarm Recording
- Watermark on Video
- Simultaneous View, Record & Playback
- Enhanced Digital Features
- Adjustable Video Compression
- Addressable Multi-Zone Motion Detection
- Multi Layer Smart Mapping
- Wireless PDA Capability
- Smart Search Capabilities
- "Virtual Fence" Management
- Remote and/or Redundant Storage
- Multicast Capability
- Virtual Monitor / Matrix
- Open object oriented architecture
- Audio integration & synchronization
- Sensor / Relay Integration
- Integrate legacy and third party systems
- Integration Development Kit (IDK) available
- Exportable event logs
SMART SEARCH CAPABILITIES
- Visual timeline of recorded events on all channels
- Search by motion, event, time, or optionally, face(s) and/or number plate captured
- Simple to use digital controls for search and playback
- Export video as AVI/ASF
- Automatically burn recordings DVD
- Video Bookmarking
- Multiple Camera Search
- Motion Zone Search of Archive
EVENT / REACTION MANAGEMENT
- Scripting - program complex events, reactions and scenarios
- Variable rule(s) based reaction engine
- Macro reaction programming
- Alarm by phone, SMS, email or voice notification
- Scalable architecture for "on demand" upgrades
COMPREHENSIVE VIDEO ANALYTICS SUITE
- Face Capture
- Face Recognition
- License Plate Recognition
- Container Recognition
- Transit Carriage Recognition
- Traffic Monitoring
- POS w/ Shrinkage Detection
- Intrusion & Perimeter Analytics
- Unattended Object Detection
- Object Tracking
ADVANCED CONFIGURATION / SYSTEM MANAGEMENT
- Centralization of Management
- Time Schedule Engine
- Remote Client Access & Admin
- XML based Web Environment
- Advanced IT Architecture
- Integrates with Microsoft Active Directory
- System can run as Windows service
- Advanced User Rights Management
- Central Station Capability
- Unlimited Operators / Admins with Multiple Permission Sets
- Ease of Use Utilities such as Media
- Player and Backup Utility
- Network, Camera, and Device Status
From Tyco Security Products
Founded in 2002, Exacq Technologies is a leading manufacturer of video management system (VMS) software and servers used for video surveillance. Known for its ease of use, the exacqVision cross-platform VMS software is widely used across many applications. It is readily available on factory installed exacqVision hybrid and IP camera servers or on commercial off-the-shelf servers. Exacq Technologies is part of the Security Products business unit of Tyco (NYSE: TYC), the world's largest pure-play fire protection and security company.
Managing Video Surveillance Made Easier
Exacq Technologies has been developing powerful, yet highly intuitive, cost-effective video surveillance products. From small, single-camera systems to large, scalable deployments with thousands of cameras, Exacq has the ideal security solution for nearly any application. The exacqVision product line is well-known for its simplicity and flexibility. exacqVision video security products improve surveillance by allowing end users to increase the protection of both people and property.
Our Products: exacqVision VMS software
The exacqVision VMS software gives end users an easy-to-use, yet feature rich system to manage live and recorded video for a variety of needs. The intuitive exacqVision VMS software line includes software designed for stand-alone systems all the way to complete enterprise systems. The unique exacqVision Edge VMS installs directly on a compatible IP camera to provide a complete solution without the need for a separate server. Customers can access live and recorded video from multiple exacqVision servers with the freely distributed client user-interface available for Windows, Mac or Linux. Compatible with more than 1,900 IP camera models and a large number of access control systems, point-of-sale (POS) systems, and retail and video analytics, the exacqVision VMS is one of the industry's most flexible solutions.
Our Products: exacqVision Network Video Recorders (NVRs)
The exacqVision line of hybrid and IP camera servers provides a complete, out-of-the box VMS solution. exacqVision hybrid servers seamlessly integrate analog and IP cameras, allowing customers to utilize their existing surveillance system and easily upgrade to the latest IP technology. A single hybrid server can accommodate up to 192 analog and IP cameras combined with up to 80TB of storage. exacqVision IP camera servers are designed to accommodate IP cameras and encoders. Every exacqVision server comes with pre-loaded exacqVision VMS software and a 3-year warranty with a software subscription agreement (SSA) included. Hybrid and IP camera servers are all scalable, cross-compatible and unified through the freely distributed exacqVision client software. Access to exacqVision servers is also freely available on most internet browsers and through the free exacq Mobile app available for iOS, Android, Kindle Fire and Windows Phone 8.
Exacq has established a strong brand presence in the educational, corporate, retail and healthcare markets. As a leader in video security, Exacq is committed to staying at the forefront of the industry and providing its customers with the latest VMS functionality.
exacqVision Products Available Worldwide
The exacqVision products are manufactured both in the United States and Europe. The product line is sold via distribution throughout the world.
The open platform fits all business needs
Founded in 1998, Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software. The XProtect platform delivers powerful surveillance that is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations around the world. With support for the widest choice in network hardware and integration with other systems, XProtect provides best-in-class solutions to video enable organizations – managing risks, protecting people and assets, optimizing processes and reducing costs. Milestone software is sold through authorized and certified partners.
Universal Video Intelligence (UVI)
Face Capture Recognition (FCR)
A facial recognition system is a computer application for automatically identifying or verifying a person from a digital image or a video frame from a video source. One of the ways to do this is by comparing selected facial features from the image and a facial database.
Face recognition has 95% accuracy in varying conditions and as such, is ranked amongst the highest of all Face Recognition systems. Functionalities of the module (or system):
- Specify Customized Reactions to Positive Comparison
- Simultaneous multiple Face Detections
- Face capture during High-speed Movements
- Single Click access to video associated to faces
- Controlled Area Search & Capture
- Automatic Optimal Face Position, Transmission & Comparison
- Multiple Camera Environment
- Remote Database Query, Monitoring & Storage
- High speed of identification - less than 1 second
- Instant information search in video archives
- Automatic notification (telephone, e-mail, sms, external output)
License Plate Recognition (LPR)
Licence Plate Recognition is an Intelligent Video Analytics Module and provides comparative analysis of face plates for various types of vehicles. License Plate Recognition provides recognition of cars plate numbers, reliably working in the wide range of external conditions, and is easily integrated into legacy security equipment, executive devices and external databases.
License Plate Recognition is an effective tool for the solution of registration tasks, identification and provision for car safety, control of traffic, and access control of vehicles. Functionalities of the Car License Plate Recognition module:
- Provides advanced reaction capability and automatic operator notification based on License
- Plate Recognition and/or comparison with information from a database
- Integration with the third party equipment and devices: barriers, automatic gate, automatic systems of calculations, etc.
- Organization of video channels, remote real-time management, access to the archive and remote control of the system
- License Plate Database synchronizes and allows search for all images, video, information of time, date, direction of vehicle pass
- Integration with external databases, including prohibition/permission of pass, automatic notification regarding pass of vehicle with a flagged license plate, etc.
- High quality License Plate Recognition in various conditions and luminosity
- Reliable with a wide range of video cameras
- Effective solution of tasks of different complexity: from management of cars within a parking installation, to the control by traffic in the scales of enterprise, i.e. cities and highways
Advanced analytics is the capability of automatically analyzing video to detect and determine temporal events not based on a single image. The algorithms can be implemented as software on general purpose machines, or as hardware in specialized video processing units.
Motion Detection is one of the simpler forms where motion is detected with regard to a fixed background scene. More advanced functionalities include video tracking. Based on the internal representation that VCA generates in the machine, it is possible to build other functionalities, such as identification, behavior analysis or other forms of situation awareness.
|Dynamic Masking||Blocking a part of the video signal based on the signal itself, for example because or privacy concerns|
|Motion Detection||Motion detection is used to determine the presence of relevant motions in the observed scene|
|Object Detection||Object detection is used to determine the presence of a type of object or entity, for example a persor or a car. Other examples include fire and smoke detection|
|Recognition||Face recognition and Automatic Number Place Recognition are used to recognize, and therefore possibly identify persons or cars|
|Tamper Detection||Tamper detection is used to determine whether the camera or output signal is tampered with|
|Video Tracking||Video tracking is used to determine the location of persons or objects in the video signal, possibly with regards to an external reference grid|
Built for video processing and not Data recording
Wikipedia defines analytics as: analytics is the application of computer science, operations research and statistics to the solution of business and industrial problems. It is carried out in an information system. A recent discipline strongly related to the expansion of computing, analytics was at the beginning interested in how we use computers and has evolved into the data analysis. Mathematics is essential to the algorithm used in analytics, which attempts to extract useful information from large amounts of data.
In video surveillance, analytics is to use a computer to identify and deal with pre-determind events of interest without requiring human intervention. Analytical in surveillance shall however deal with three challenges:
- The elimination of false alarms
- The difficulties of system maintenance
- The high cost of these systems
Perimeter intrusion and detection
Effective perimeter security depends on accurate intrusion detection. A solution that permits false and nuisance alarms undermines confidence in the system and erodes the confidence of those tasked to respond. Although many different factors can impact the accuracy of perimeter security systems, today’s intelligent video surveillance systems can help you to eliminate false and nuisance alarms and increase trust in your intrusion solution in a number of ways.
Filter outdoor movement
Movement from wind, trees and leaves, small animals, even blowing trash can trigger nuisance alarms in outdoor video analytics systems. Today’s smarter cameras use image processing to filter out such movement and send only authentic alarms that represent an actual threat. When security operators can count on accurate information, they will execute a response with vigilance. In contrast, when a system consistently produces nuisance alarms, operators will come to ignore them.
An effective perimeter security system will fulfil two objectives; (i) act as a deterrent against crime and (ii) detect potential intruders outside of the perimeter before any criminal act is committed.
Video analytics works to protect in the following scenarios, and more:
|Intrusion detection – includes people and vehicle prohibited movement events, controlled area violation, boundary violation and fence trespass…|
|Loitering detection – covers specified prohibited behaviour such as the same figure staying too long in a specified area (such as by a parked car)…|
|Tampering detection – unexpected camera position shift, whether by accident or intent, low visibility or no video signal notification…|
|Unattended baggage detection – items placed in a controlled area, will detect disguised objects, but ignore attended items…|
|Object removal detection – removal of fixed objects, such as in a museum of art gallery…|
|Stopped vehicle detection – vehicles stopped in designated areas.|
UVI is a suite of software’s which permit analytics mechanisms with video and different alarm/sensor systems. Alarm and exception verification can be done onsite or from a central office. The bob solution runs analytical rules on video feed to establish a relation between both. The integration of the two, creates an alarm and reaction based system, which permits detection of events and create reactions for automation.
Integrates easily with third party parking management or smart roadway systems, as well as legacy security equipment and external databases. It is a highly effective tool for vehicle registration tasks, control of traffic, and the access control of vehicles.
- Acceleration of the wait time at gates for entry and exit by automating the pickup of number identification on the trucks and trailers
- Minimise the risk of human error
- Permits fast collection of data for statistics or BI
- Minimise errors for trucks hooking up to the wrong trailer
- Making traffic flow a lot more efficient
- Digital log of all activities with video verification
- Permits scalability of centralise monitoring from 1 site to many, since information is navigated true the network
- System capable of receiving or sending try contacts, to open or close gates for example
The OCR that will be used is a vectored based OCR, meaning the system is capable of recognising different characters. When a system is not vector capable, it only can extract letters and numbers without knowledge.
- Study each pattern configuration
- Multiple Frame analysis for higher accuracy
- Provides advanced reaction capability and automatic notification based on pattern Recognition and/or comparison with information from a database
- Integration with the third party equipment and devices: barriers, automatic gate, weight scale, traffic management systems, etc.
- Real-time Video Management and Access to Video Archive embedded.
- License Plate Database allows search for all images, video, information of time, date, direction of a vehicle.
- Integration with external databases such as “ORACLE”.
- Determine the best method to recognise the location of pattern
- Standardize patterns ISO
- Create a new pattern for the new system which all should respect
- Put a specific character in front of the numbers, to pinpoint to the system where is the right pattern
- Each pattern needs to be vectored
- System will be smart enough to detect if there are too many characters or not enough. Since the patterns are vector, Bob will have a X-ray of what to look for. The advanced algorithms involved in the technology result in the sort of pinpoint accuracy that distinguish letters from numbers, so that, for example, an “8” is not mistaken for a “B”, a crucial advantage, particularly in emergency situations when one has only milliseconds to get it right.
- Recognition level with a stop vehicle should be over 99%. Note that in winter the snow might cause a lower recognition level, but this is not due to the system.
Train Carriage And Cargo Recognition
UVI: Intelligent point-of-sale terminal with analytics
From local family run stores to nationwide chains use UVI and added security tools to help reduce shrinkage and property damage.
UVI is based:
- On digital video and recording of transactions from point of sale systems
- Synchronises and indexes the point of sale transactions and the recorded video
- Detect fraudulent activity in retail stores as the transactions are underway
- The UVI signals, as the fraudulent transaction is occurring, a notification alarm
The advanced user interface allows for searching of the recorded database and for specific transactions, date and time, product description, bar code data, employee code, by dollar value, or by any customized detail that would be included in the transactional information extracted by the system. http://www.UVIsoftware.com/
Example of Rules that can be added:
- Point of Sales transactions analysis
- Void transactions
- Refund transactions
- Suspend transactions
- High Rebates/discounts
- Abnormal High Value transactions
- Abnormal Low Value transactions
- Controlled (eg. Alcohol) products transactions
- Payment type (eg. Corporate cards or point cards)
- Scheduled monitoring
- Transactions without customers
- Suspicious transactions with customers
- Customer detection and no transaction
- Doors opening/closing detection
- Detection of loitering
- Detection of car rewash sold without customers
- Video audit of corporate rules
Architecture of a retail infrastructure
- Digital Display Matrix – Video Wall with analytics
- Integration with
- CCTV – Intelligence
- Intrusion systems
- Control access/Biometrics
- Building automation
- Central telephone system VoIP
- Fire system/security
- Event management with different level of alerts and possibility of confirmation
- User management
- Automated reactions base on rules and events
- Alarm classification, prioritization and reporting tracking
- Customizable layouts – Static and Dynamic
- Instant video export and Watermarking
- Advanced Search and Smart search capacities
- PTZ control, pre-set and programmable (tour guide)
- System Status Health Monitoring
- Electronics Maps 2D and 3D
- Reporting management
- Mobile server for Smartphone/pad support
- Windows active Directory integration
- Integration with Microsoft Lynx
Electronics 2D and 3D
3D Orion is a software developed to provide a simple and consistent interface to exploit the potential of all types of devices and thus get rid of a specific site or manufacturer. While the user is accustoming with an intuitive ergonomics, 3D Orion plays an oversight role in keeping track of all actions and ensuring that the user has permission to make certain operations. 3D Orion communicates with our real time automaton STRAC through an IP network using low flow. It does not matter that our controller is on the other side of Earth or just behind the door, thanks to the Internet, all configurations spread across the world are now possible.
A new "Machine to men" Interface
We know that learning to use a software is an expensive operation. That is why 3D Orion benefits from our experience in terms of simplicity and accessibility. Using graphics everywhere it is possible and bringing in three languages (English, French and Spanish) our interface, the opening of our software is total.
"Orion 3D" shows the operated site as a plan in 3 dimensions across which are positioned controlled devices. When possible, Orion 3D can also display one or more video cameras coming from the site or from a recorder. In this case, the devices can also be controlled by thanks to your mouse directly in the video window. In order to adapt Orion 3D to all configurations, particular care has been brought to the realization of our configuration tool. This tool is built on the same basis as Orion 3D to visualize the final appearance of the software during the configuration phase.
3D Orion was designed using modern and modular technics of development by which problems are easier to isolate and features are refillable as possible. Therefore, 3D Orion is mobile : in addition to Windows, it works the same on Linux. In operation, Orion 3D works 24/7. In this context, software reliability is crucial. That is why we developed it in order to be reliant and we validate all hardware and software through extensive testing in real conditions.